Susan Frye, Clerk of Forsyth County Superior Court
21st District of North Carolina

Motion to Modify Child Support

To file a Motion and Notice of Hearing for Modification of Child Support Order (AOC-CV-600) you will need to complete the following steps:

  1. Fill out an “original” only and return it to our office for a court date to be scheduled with a self-addressed stamped envelope:
                             Clerk of Superior Court
                             PO Box 20099
                            Winston-Salem, NC 27120-0099
                           Attn: Child Support
  2. Make a copy of the motion and mail it to the other party by certified mail, return receipt requested back to you. Fill out the back of the motion form under depositing a copy of in the US Mail. Also fill out the date of service block with the date you are mailing a copy to the other party and sign it as the person who served Motion and Notice. Write the case file “CVD” number of the from of the certified mail return receipt card. If you receive the return receipt card back before the court date, bring it to court with you.
  3. Appear in court on the date scheduled if service has been obtained on the other party. Please send this motion out for service as soon as possible, so proof of service can be obtained prior to the scheduled court date.
  4. Send  a money order for $23.00 made payable to Clerk of Court.

State Law prohibits the Clerk’s Office staff from; providing any legal advice, providing instructions for completing forms, referring an attorney, or recommending specific ways to  pursue legal action.