Susan Frye, Clerk of Forsyth County Superior Court
21st District of North Carolina

Juvenile Division

The Forsyth County Juvenile Division of the Clerk’s Office handles the following:

  • DSS Abuse, Neglect & Dependency Cases
  • Termination of Parental Rights Cases
  • Delinquency Cases
  • Undisciplined/Truancy Cases
  • Judicial Waivers
  • Emancipations
  • Judicial Reviews/Responsible Individuals Lists initiated by DSS

The Juvenile Division does not handle private custody and guardianship matters.

The Juvenile Division only handles custody and guardianship matters where DSS & Juvenile Court are involved.

All other custody and guardianship matters are handled by the Civil Division and Civil Court.

In the State of North Carolina, individuals are charged as adults beginning at the age of 16.

Any questions about criminal matters concerning juveniles aged 16 & 17 are handled by the Criminal Records Division.

If you are interested in a Judicial Waiver (Bypass), please contact the Forsyth County Public Defender’s Office at (336) 779-6325. They will assist you with the entire process free of charge.

If you are interested in filing a Delinquency or Undisciplined Petition against a juvenile, please contact the Division of Juvenile Justice at (336) 761-2265. They will assist you with any questions, as well as initiate the process.

For questions about subpoenas for Juvenile Court, please contact the Forsyth County District Attorney’s Office at (336) 779-6310. Please have the juvenile’s name and/or case number and the court date ready.

If you have any additional questions, please contact the Juvenile Division of the Clerk of Superior Court for Forsyth County, North Carolina at (336) 779-6311.

State Law prohibits the Clerk’s Office staff from; providing any legal advice, providing instructions for completing forms, referring an attorney, or recommending specific ways to pursue legal action.