Susan Frye, Clerk of Forsyth County Superior Court
21st District of North Carolina

Child Support Information

To assist you in collecting support for your minor child you will need to contact the Forsyth County Department of Social Services- IV-D Enforcement Agency or you can hire an attorney to assist you. If you apply for IV-D assistance you may have to pay a $25.00 non-refundable application fee and possibly an annual service fee. The IV-D Enforcement Office is located at 741 Highland Ave, Winston-Salem, NC 27101. The phone number is (336) 703-3801.


Modify Support

Individuals that are currently under court order to pay child support may file motions to modify with the Clerk of Superior Court. Motions may be filed in Room 203 of the Forsyth County Hall of Justice. Please bring with you your civil docket number and the name of the IV-D case worker. There will be a $23.00 fee to process the filing and a $30.00 Sheriff fee for providing Service, or you can mail it via certified mail. For further instructions and the Motion and Notice of Hearing for Modification of Child Support Order click here.

Add Father’s Name to Birth Certificate

Individuals needing to add the father’s name to a child’s birth certificate should complete an Affidavit of Parentage (form AOC-CV-604) and a Certificate of Paternity (form AOC-CV-611). Be sure to completely read these documents before completing and filing them. The cost to file the Affidavit is $6.00 and the cost of a certified copy is $3.00, which is needed for the Certificate.

Payment Addresses:

When sending regular payments use the following address:

NC Child Support Centralized Collections
P.O. Box 900006, Raleigh, NC 27675-9006. 

Please be sure to reference your MPI account number on all checks.

 Purge Payments must be made in person. When making purge payments come to the following address:

 Forsyth County Hall of Justice
200 N Main St
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Bookkeeping – Room 217