State Archives of North Carolina
As of July 2, 2015, the following records were transferred from the Forsyth County Clerk of Superior Court to the State Archives of North Carolina:
- Orders and Decrees; 1869-1949; 46 books
- Index to Special Proceedings, Orders and Decrees; 1849-1953; 6 books
- Judgments, Liens, Lis Pendens, and Sci Fa; 1938-1955; 14 books
- Minute Docket, Criminal; 1949-1951; 1 book
- Criminal Judgment Docket; 1897-1902; 1 book
- Judgment Docket (vol. 69); n.d.; 1 book
- Index to Civil Actions; 1849-1968; 15 books
- Index to Criminal Actions; 1878-1949; 3 books
- Index to Judgments, Liens, and Lis Pendens; 1869-1953; 21 books
- Bonds of Administrators, Collectors, Surviving Partners; 1950-1952; 1 book
- Index to Accounts in Trust (Bookkeeping); 1927-1950 1 book
- Report of Sales by Mortgagees, Trustees, Commissioners, and Executors; 1917-1949; 12 books
- Administrator’s Bonds; 1910-1915; 1 book
- Index to Federal Tax Liens; 1924-1969; 3 books
- Index to Lunacy; 1901-1968; 2 books
- Records of Lunacy; 1949-1968; 15 books
Access for Citizens
Citizens who need access to archived records should direct questions to email@example.com or call the NC Archives main Search Room at 919-807-7310. Email requests should receive a response within 24 hours. Copies of archived records may be ordered through the Archives Correspondence Portal or can be obtained in person by visiting the state Archives Search room. For more information click here.
Please note that records needed by persons with legal entitlements should include that information in any requests sent to the State Archives.
Access for Legal Professionals and Land Surveyors
Law firms, paralegals, or land surveyors are encouraged to contact the head of Public Services, Doug Brown, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 919-807-7304. If he is unavailable, law firms can call 919-807-7350 to be routed to an available archivist.
Note: The majority of court records at the Archives are pre-Court Reform, meaning that they are dated from about 1970 and earlier. Please email email@example.com for information concerning what records the Archives has from your county.