Request File Copy

Due to the number of requests we have received, until further notice please allow up to four (4) hours for your request to be completed.

FORECLOSURE DOCUMENTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE through this service. Please see www.NCFCC.US/foreclosures.

As of July 2, 2015, the following records were transferred from the Forsyth County Clerk of Superior Court to the State Archives of North Carolina:

  • Orders and Decrees; 1869-1949; 46 books
  • Index to Special Proceedings, Orders and Decrees; 1849-1953; 6 books
  • Judgments, Liens, Lis Pendens, and Sci Fa; 1938-1955; 14 books
  • Minute Docket, Criminal; 1949-1951; 1 book
  • Criminal Judgment Docket; 1897-1902; 1 book
  • Judgment Docket (vol. 69); n.d.; 1 book
  • Index to Civil Actions; 1849-1968; 15 books
  • Index to Criminal Actions; 1878-1949; 3 books
  • Index to Judgments, Liens, and Lis Pendens; 1869-1953; 21 books
  • Bonds of Administrators, Collectors, Surviving Partners; 1950-1952; 1 book
  • Index to Accounts in Trust (Bookkeeping); 1927-1950 1 book
  • Report of Sales by Mortgagees, Trustees, Commissioners, and Executors; 1917-1949; 12 books
  • Administrator’s Bonds; 1910-1915; 1 book
  • Index to Federal Tax Liens; 1924-1969; 3 books
  • Index to Lunacy; 1901-1968; 2 books
  • Records of Lunacy; 1949-1968; 15 booksRecords that have been sent to the State Archives of North Carolina are not available through this service. Please see for information on accessing archived records.

Request for File Copies” should only be used when requesting a copy from a case filed after the following dates. If a copy is needed from a case filed prior to the following dates the request must be handled in person at the Forsyth County Hall of Justice, room 245, Civil Records.

– Civil Registrations (R) January 1, 2008
– Civil Miscellaneous (M) January 1, 2007
– Civil Magistrate (CVM) March 1, 2007
– Criminal Superior (CRS) January 1, 2005   
– Civil District / Civil Superior (CVD/CVS) March 1, 2007
– Criminal District January 1, 2007


ExpungementsDO NOT request information regarding expungements from this site. All request for information must be in person.  For more information click on the following link (more information)

If you need certified copies or a criminal background record check you must mail a self-addressed prepaid envelope along with payment (certified funds) to Clerk of Court, Attn: Civil Records, P.O. Box 20099, Winston-Salem, NC 27120.

File copy fees:
Certified copy $3.00 first page and .25 each additional page
Civil Revocation $100.00
Criminal background record check $25.00 certified funds or cash on site
Regular copy by mail (not certified) $2.00 first page and .25 each additional page
Any request for copies to be mailed must include self addressed prepaid envelop and be paid for in advance with certified funds.

Files greater than 50 pages must be handled in person at the Clerk’s Office, room 245, Civil Records.

If you need a file copy in a timelier manner please be sure to indicate in the additional comments section the date and time you need the information and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.

Form(s) request submitted after 3:00 pm and on weekends or holidays will be processed the following business day. Please keep in mind the first day after a weekend, holiday or the office being closed due to inclement weather response times may be longer than 4 hours

Your name: (required)

I would like to get the documents in the following manner (required), US Mail must be paid for in advance:

Your email address: (required)

Your phone number and extension: (required)

Your fax number:

You must select a Case Type: (required)

Foreclosure documents are not available from "Request File Copy".

Please see www.NCFCC.US/foreclosure for more information.

Case number:
2 digit year plus type CR, CVD, CVM, CVS, E or SP plus case number, example 12CVD12345

Plaintiff's name: (required) Last Name first then First Name

Defendant's name: Last Name first then First Name

Please provide specific information in order not to delay your request.

Please enter the following (below): captcha  

State Law prohibits the Clerk’s Office staff from; providing any legal advice, providing instructions for completing forms, referring an attorney, or recommending specific ways to  pursue legal action.

Return to TOP / HOME page